The Visitation Supervisor is responsible for supervising court ordered parenting time. The Visitation Supervisor will protect the integrity of the parenting time by providing a positive atmosphere where parents and children may connect and interact in a safe, structured environment. Additionally, she/he will adhere to the policies and procedures of Families First Center.
- Upon receiving a case/referral, the Visitation Supervisor will contact all parties to set up supervised parenting time. Every attempt must be made for visitation with the child’s parent to occur within 48 hours from the time of the completed intake. It is the responsibility of the Visitation Supervisor to abide by the court ordered contract regarding amount of parenting time, the level of supervision, approved visitors and no contact orders.
- The Visitation Supervisor will monitor all interactions between the visiting family and will assist the family by strengthening, teaching, demonstrating, and role modeling appropriate skills.
- At each visit, the Visitation Supervisor will accurately and objectively document using the approved Families First Center template. Reports are to be completed and sent to the referring agent within 3 days of the visit. In the event of a cancellation, a cancellation report must be send to the referring agent within 48 hours. A monthly report for each assigned case must be sent to the referring agent no later than 10 days after the month end.
- It is the responsibility of the Visitation Supervisor to keep current and accurate information in the client files.
- The Visit Supervisor is expected to attend meetings and court hearings upon request by the referring agent. It is the responsibility of the Visitation Supervisor to communicate with the Clinical Supervisor and the referring agent about their assigned cases. Any concerns need to be reported immediately via email to the Clinical Director and the referring agent.